4/20/15

Life Lately


Life has been crazy lately...to say the least.

The last time I posted here was last December, aka 2014. That's crazy! So much has happened since then, so here are your SparkNotes:

  • I moved to Orange County (I'm in my 20's...#yolo).
  • I started a job at a technology company called Centercode. I'm a Marketing Coordinator and create/manage marketing and lead generation campaigns for both Centercode and their beta tester community, Betabound. In other words, I fly drones and shoot nerf guns all day!
  • My [rockstar, amazing, hero, brave, role model, badass] dad had surgery in San Diego for his ongoing battle with cancer. After 3+ months of continued recovery, I'm happy to say he's back home in the Bay and healing like a champ! 
  • The Bakos Bunch visited me in OC and we cheered on Ally at her SoCal water polo tournaments (pictured above).
  • I turned 23! 
  • Daniel took me to SoCal Corgi Beach Day for my birthday (if you know me or read this blog at all, you know how big of a deal this was to me).

This has easily been the most stressful six months of my life. I've had to adjust to a new city, balancing graduate school with the working world, homesickness, evolving (and new!) friendships, and overall figuring out who I am as an adult. As challenging as these past months have been, they've also been immensely eye-opening (in a good way). I've figured out what makes me happy, who I want versus need in my life, and when I need to take time for myself. I've learned how to be patient, assertive, graceful, and appreciative of the little things in ways I've never experienced before. This has been a whirlwind adventure in finding my footing as an adult, and I'm excited to discover what the next six months bring!

That's life lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment